I haven't had much chance to look through your links yet (those who have sent them), but good early examples of what I'm looking for are here and here.
That second set, in particular, does something very interesting: it presents a lifetime in five photos, from dating to the grave. I'd call that a pretty good set of relationships between the photos. Notice that until the author noticed these relationships, these would have been just a set of random downton Muncie pictures. But whe she thought about commonalities, she discovered a very interesting sequence. So: she took the set of photos she had collected (observation, invention), noticed a style that united some of them (via analysis), and then created a message through selection and organization (arrangement), plus textual comments (style), which she presented (delivery) in such a way that other people (the audience) could easily receive and understand the message she had constructed. And now I'm commenting on them and highlighting what I see in them (feedback).
Notice how all the course conepts work together and combine to give you a powerful framework for understanding and talking about the act of communication. (It's almost like I planned all this . . .)
Please note: if you aren't making a "set" in your Flick account and captioning your photos and your set, you haven't quite finished the work. See this blog entry.
Thursday, September 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here
Post a Comment