I've had a few questions about the introduction paragraph for your photo essays and the blog posts I'm expecting from you, so I'm going to try to clarify here.
For the intro paragraph, what I want you to do is:
1) Establish your thesis: who is this person, what is your angle on this person, and why is this angle on this person interesting?
2) Also, I'd like you to try to use this opening paragraph to fill in any crucial details not communicated by the pictures themselves or the captions on them. What are we going to see in these pictures? How would you suggest we should feel about it, and why? When and where does all this take place? Who is this person (in more detail)? Why is all this cool or lame or exciting or crazy or fantastic or, you know, worth our attention in general.
I'm expecting probably a ten or twelve sentence, unified, organized, interesting paragraph here. The best way to do this will be to write it up in word and the copy and paste into the Flickr "set description" area. (A few of you were having trouble typing a long paragraph into the text area; but I just managed to cut and paste in two pages of text. Let me know if you run into trouble, though.)
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment